2 cups Choley soaked over night
1 onion chopped
1 Tomato chopped
1/2 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp chole masala or(2 tsp of powdered mixture of bay leaves,cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds,mustered,methi seeds,red chillies, cinnamon,peppercorns,amchur)
salt to taste
Oil for tadka
pinch of cooking soda(optional)
- Put channa in cooker add the cooking soda and bit of salt,Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.remove the water.
- Take a handful of cooked channa grind it in a mixture grinder. keep aside.
- Now in a kadai heat the oil and add jeera.
- Now add Hing and onions to it.once the onions turned to golden brown, add turmeric,ginger garlic paste as well tomato to it.(add a bit of water to make it paste)
- Mash the tomatoes with a ladle to make fine paste in kadai. now add the grind channa paste cook for a minute.
- now add coriendar powder,red chilli powder and chole masala mix well add the cooked channa.
- Add water,salt as per the taste.
- Cook the gravy to the required thickness.Serve with Rotis or Batooras