1 Cup Maida (All purpose flour)
3/4 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup Milk
100 gr milk powder
1/2 cup Butter/ Oil/Ghee
2 tbsp Curd
1 tsp Essence( here i have used Vanilla flavor)
1 tsp Baking powder or 1/3 tsp Dry yeast.
1/2 tsp Orange food color( i have not used in this recipe)
For Icing (Here i have not used)
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar powder
1/2 tsp Food color (Orange) or 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Pour sand in the cooker bottom about 1"- 2" layer and turn on the Gas on a low flame.
- Take 1/4 cup of warm water and soak the yeast in it.(in case you opt for yeast)
- Sieve the Maida and mix the milk powder to it.if using baking powder that also can be mixed here.
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter/ Ghee/ Oil and Sugar beat well enough the mixture to be soft.
- Now add a portion of Maida and beat it again to get the soft mixture.Add 2 tbsp of milk and repeat the procedure for the rest of the Maida.
- Now add the food color and essence Beat the mixture again.If you are using Yeast then add the yeast to the mixture now and beat it again to mix it well.add the rest milk mix it well and make sure that the mixture is pour able consistency.
- Now take a cooker container grease it well and dust it by sprinkling maida.
- Pour the mixture in to the container. place the container on the sand base in the cooker. close the lid without whistle.
- Cook for 20-25 mins on low flame.
- Turn off the heat and let it be there for another 5-7 mins.
- Open the lid and insert a knife into the cake.if comes out clean.Your cake is ready.
- Now turn down the cake on a plate and again on another plate. and let it cool down.
- In the mixing bowl take the butter and Sugar beat it for soft fluffy mixture. Now add the food color or chocolate syrup and beat it again to thick consistency.
- Now on the cake spread it with the butter knife or a wooden spatula evenly.
- If you want refrigerate it for settling down.(My hubby din like the refrigerated one. so i keep it in room temperature to settle down.)
- Serve the Egg less cake proudly.