1 medium size -Ghiya
1 1/2 cup Basen(Gram flour)
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
3 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp haldi
2 tsp coriender powder
2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp amchur powder/chaat masala
Oil for deep fry
Ghee for seasoning
Salt to taste
- Peel the skin and grate the ghiya in a big bowl.Add 2 tsp red chilli powder,garam masala,chat masala, gram flour and salt to taste.
- Mix well (don't add water, If ghiya is not much watery then reduce the gram flour qty).Keep 2-3 tbsp of this mixture aside.
- Heat the frying pan .Take a lemon sized mixture of ghiya and deep fry in the oil.keep aside.
- Wet grind the 1/2 portion of onion and tomato.
- Now heat the kadayi ,heat the ghee add jeera.
- When jeera starts splutter,Add the chopped rest onion.cook till brown color.add haldi.
- Now add the ground tomato paste and the ghiya mixture kept seperately,into the khadayi.
- Add all the remaining masala powders and salt.Adjust the gravy to be bit watery.cook for 5-10 mins.
- Now add the deep fried Koftas to the gravy. cook for 2 mins on low flame and switch off the flame.
- Cover the lid and keep the gravy for 5-10 mins .
- Now serve with Rotis or any main course.