3 cups rice flour
3/4 ladle Udad dal dry roasted
2/3 ladle Jeera dry roasted
2/3 ladle Channa dal dry roasted
1 cup Moong daal boiled in 3 cups of water
1/2 cup butter
20-30 Bird eye chillis( crushed) or chilli flakes as required
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying.
- Dry grind the roasted Udad dal, Channa dal and Jeera.
- Drain excess water from boiled Dal and keep aside.
- Take Rice flour in a mixing bowl, add the ground dal powder,and all the ingredients except the Moong dal.
- Now add little by little Moong dal and start mixing the flour. Once the dough is formed knead it nicely. it should not break in between. if required add Moong dal water for making the dough.
- Heat the oil in kadai. Now fill the chakli press with the dough and start pressing a long chakli noodle on a cleaned flat surface.
- Then roll them to make the circle shape and place it on a plate.
- When oil is hot enough put all the chaklis one by one slowly to avoid any spillage or accidents.
- Turn them occasionally. Cook them till golden brown. or when the bubble starts remove the chaklis to a tray covered with paper napkins.
- Serve as tea time snack.
1. Directly we can press the chaklis on to hot oil, should be very careful to try this. we get a long noodle shaped chaklis.
2.Dip couple of Chaklis in Sambhar for 2-4 mins then have it for a different taste.