1 cup Maida / All purpose flour
3-4 tbsp Butter /Vanaspati Ghee
2-3 tsp Red chilly powder OR 1/3rd cup Sugar powder
2 tsp Jeera /Ajwain
Oil to deep fry.
salt to taste
- In a Mixing bowl add butter/ Ghee to the Flour mix well.
- Now add sugar powder/Red chilly powder ( in this case u need to add salt as well) mix well then add the jeera to the mixture.
- Once every thing is mixed properly add water and make a dough.
- Keep the dough closed for 1/2 -1 hour.
- Now take a lemon sized dough and roll it into 4" roti.
- Take butter knife and cut the roti into small diamond shaped pieces.
- Repeat the procedure for whole dough.
- Now heat the oil in Kadayi and deep fry these pieces till light brown on both side.
- Serve as tea time snacks.