2 Big Potatoes
2-3 bowls chopped palak
1-2 greenchillis cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste (optional)
1 onion finally chopped
1 tomato puree / cut into small
A pinch Hing
Little pepper powder
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriender powder
1 tsp jeera powder
A pinch garam masala
Salt to taste
1/2 cup refined Oil
2 tbsp Refined / Mustered Oil
- Cook palak and greenchillis in a pressure cooker with little water added (on full flame 2-3 whistles i wait for).
- Once the cooker is done remove all the water separately, do not discard. mash the Palak into paste ( i put into mixer grinder once to get a smooth paste)
- Cut the potatoes into 1' cubes keep aside ( peeling off skin or not is your wish)Heat the oil in a frying pan and shadow fry the potatoes. while frying add little salt and pepper powder.
- Now heat the refined or mustered oil in a kadayi. once the oil is hot put the Hing. then onions and ginger garlic paste,cook till golden brown color.
- Then add the tomatoes wait till they are mashed and oil is separated.
- Now ad all powders and salt except pepper powder. mix well. after a minute add mashed palak and fried potatoes.
- Adjust the consistency with the palak water. Cook for another 5-6 minutes. turn off the heat.
- Serve with Rotis or pulkas.