1 cup Besan
1 tsp Haldi, Methi seeds, jeera
2 tsp red chilli powder,amchur,dhaniya powder, jeera powder and garam masala
1 onion finally chopped
1-2 tomato puree
salt to taste
6-10 tbsp Oil to shallow fry and tadka
- Take Besan in a mixing bowl add methi seeds, 1/2 tsp haldi, 1 tsp of all powders.
- Add little water and make a stiff dough . now devide the dough into 2 portions and roll the each portion of dough on a flat surface and make a even surfaced long pipe shape.
- Now cook this pipe shaped dough in boiling water for 15-20 mins or till cooked.
- Remove from the water and slice them in round shape.
- Heat about 6-8tbsp oil(or little more if required) in a kadayi. put these boiled basen pieces into it and shallow fry till golden brown keep aside.Gattes are ready.
- Now put 2-3 tbsp of oil into the same kadayi .once the oil is hot put jeera.
- Now add the onion and cook till golden brown. and add Tomato puree to it.
- Add haldi to the mixture.make proper gravy. then add the rest dry masala powders and salt to taste.
- Adjust the gravy thickness by adding water.if its little watery no issues. once the gravy started boiling add the fried gattes to the gravy boil it for next 5-8 Mins.
- Serve with Rotis or Pulkas.
Note: These Gattes can be put into khadi as well instead of pakode.