2 cups cooked long grained rice(it should not be very soft and salt to be added while cooking)
1 cup mixed vegetables cooked medium(carrot,Beans,Spring onions,Green peas)
3-4 bay leaves
1 tsp garlic paste(optional)
2 tsp of roughly ground pepper
Sal to taste
Butter or ghee(Clarified butter)
- Heat a portion of butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add vegetables saute for a minute to evaporate the water contents.
- Now add the half of pepper powder and salt to taste( remeber salt is added to rice also).
- and mix it thoroughly.Remove the vegieables and keep aside.
- Now add the remaining butter, once its melted add bay leaves,cloves and dalchini (break them into small pieces)
- Add the garlic paste saute for a minute and add remaining pepper powder.
- Now add the rice and mix it properly with butter. Finally add the vegetables. Mix well.
- Adjust the salt if needed. Serve with raita.