2 cups Dosa rice
2 tbsp urad dal (optional)
salt to taste
- Soak dal and rice for at least 6 hours.
- wash the cucumber nicely if you want to put with skin. Or peel off the skin and cut the cucumber .
- Grind the rice dal and cucumber to very smooth paste.(do not add much water)
- Now add the salt. Batter can be adjusted only one dosa is prepared( this is for me)
- Now the main part comes.
- Take a banana leaf .in that cut 5 inch width with full lenth. Fold in middle to make the dosa.
- heat the dosa tawa. pour one laddle of batter. take the folded leaf part from fold side spread the batter to whole tawa. it should be very thin layer.
- (I don get banana leaf so easily so i use cleaned expired credit card :) )
- Cover the dosa for 2-3 mins to avoid white surface forming on the dosa.
- Remove the lid. another mnute later daos will be crispy and comes out in edges..
- Now remove the dosa (you try with hands also by just holding the edge and peeling like ) serve with greenchilli coconut chutney(if chutney is bit spicy will taste good.
- Veriation : after removing b4 folding the dosa spread 2 -3 drops of coconut oil on the dosa and serve.