1/2 coconut shreded
1 cup sugar
½ lt milk
½ tsp Cardamom/clove powder or pinch kesar
10 Badams grated
1 tbsp ghee
- Grind the coconut in a mixer grinder add milk if needed.
- In a kadai pour the rest milk and bring to boil. Add coconut paste and Sugar.
- Start stirring on a low flame.It takes time.
- When the mixture is getting thick add cardamom powder.
- Finally the mixture will be thik enough.leaves the sides of the kadai. Remove from the flame.
- Take a plate and put the ghee and spread it properly.Transfer the mixture to the plate and spread eveny with ghee applied spoon.
- Keep it to sttle down. Then cut it into square or dimond shape and serve.
- Grate the coconut.keep aside.
- Now in a heavy bottomed kadayi fry (only for 3-4 mins)the grated cocnut with a tsp of ghee and Kesar or clove or cardomom powder.
- If u have kept grated badam you can add it now.
- Now add the sugar to the coconut and the milk.
- Keep stirring as it takes a while to thicken the paste.
- Once its done the edges will come out by itself.
- Now transfer the mixture to a greased plate and refrigerate it for settling.
- After an hour or two take a butter knife and cut them into square or diamond shape and refrigerate it again for couple of hours.
- Serve chilled as desert to any meals.